Sunday, October 16, 2011

Whitney Reservoir Trip

In July we had the chance to go camping with our neighbors, the Swenson's up at Whitney Reservoir. We didn't plan it, we just happened to be going camping the same weekend and when we asked where they were going and they said the Uintah's we asked if we could tag along. I'm glad we did. It was beautiful!
We got there, set up camp, then went fishing. The kids loved it. Here is the fish Isabel caught.... well, Steve caught it and handed Isabel the pole :)
Ben absolutely LOVED fishing. When anyone caught a fish, he would hold it and throw it back in the water. We didn't keep anything that we caught. Ben only had one casualty.... the poor fish got thrown into a rock and died....

The mosquitos were horrible. Brady went back to the truck and came back all decked out in his repellent gear! :) I eventually begged some repellent off of some other fisherpeople that were there. (Ours was back at the trailer, about 20min away)
Ben loved having Ryan there. He would just lead him wherever he wanted him to go.... and Ryan would go :)

Here is Isabel 'fishing' with her dad.
And here is Ben fishing with his dad. Ben is just getting ready to throw the line out into the water. He swings it like a baseball bat :)
Ben was entranced with anything to do with fish. Here he is waiting eagerly so he can throw the fish back.

Our cute kiddos! This is how they posed when I told them I wanted a picture of them at the lake. Silly kids!

The next day, we took a break from riding 4-wheelers and Isabel tried to catch something.....

Ben tried too.... can you guess what it was????

Yep, cute little butterflies! They were everywhere.
Isabel wanted to be cute and wear my helmet and glasses! (The glasses didn't really help keep bugs out.... When we got back to the trailer, I had to pull bugs out of my eyes...disgusting!) Isabel looks so cute....
Her pretending to drive it! I don't think she could, but Ben has watched very closely so I have no doubt that he could drive it. Hence the reason the keys are kept away from him! We only had one incident where I was driving and screamed a little, and it freaked Ben out! He started hysterically screaming.... I had to go back down the mountain so he would calm down. I only screamed because we were going through a huge mud patch and I lost all traction.... Nothing big :) He eventually calmed down and all was ok! The scenery was gorgeous...... There were trails everywhere and not too many people!

Steve took our picture up there. I think it turned out ok for everyone having helmet hair :)We are all looking at the camera, that's a bonus!
When we got back to camp, we had a visitor. A nice moose came and camped out for half of the day. He was huge. He was about 30ft from our trailer, just laying down, resting. The kids liked to check on him, and were sad to see him walk off.
Here are Ben, Steve and Ryan fishing again. Ben loves Steve. In fact Steve is giving him rides around the cul-de-sac on his 4 wheeler right now. Ben is in heaven.
Here is Steve's catch of the day! What a fisherman!
Here are the kids with Brady. This only happened once or twice, they usually rode with me, and Brady would ride on his dirt bike. I loved having the kids on the back. Isabel would sing, 'whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue blue sky, whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by. Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac field, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me!" It's comforting as a mom to know that your kids know that Heavenly Father loves them because He created everything for them!

2 comments:

The Miller Five said...

What a fun trip! That Reservoir is beautiful. I miss camping in the beautiful Utah mountains.

RaNae said...

Glad to see an update. Looks like a fun time was had by all.