Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Overload!

Here is my scary blue dragon saying Trick-or Treat! Doesn't that put you in the Halloween spirit?
We had the annual Morgan cousin Halloween Party today! I think that it was fun! My kids said that they liked it :) (standing: Jack (Nara's cousin) back row: Isabel, Zoey (Yamashita cousin), Ari, Noah, Adam holding Sam Front row: Ben, Sarah & Nara)
Here's Nara, the good witch, who hated wearing her hat!
And Indiana Adam holding a very wiggly otter :) I love Adam's smile these days. I also love the lisps that kids get when they lose teeth. Very cute.
3 of our cute princesses reading a book with Kelli Ann. (Sarah, Nara, and Zoey)

I had a few stations set up for games. A pumpkin bean bag toss, ghost bowling, ring around Frankenstein, the bat cave (where they made toilet paper roll bats) and a ghost eating contest.
This was by far the favorite game. We set up 2 chairs and tied yarn across it. Then we tied marshmallow ghosts to the end of yarn, had the kids lay down and swung the ghosts.
With no hands, the kids had to try and eat their ghosts first. This was the favorite game, for those playing and watching :)
Someone cheated !!!!
See, funny huh?!

And what is a party without treats? The kids made oreo spider cookies, but I had the idea of making no-bake cookies with candy melt eyes and legs to make spiders. I think they turned out cute, and tasty too!

And these are the toilet paper roll bats. The kids liked making these too.

After our party, we headed over to out ward Halloween parade. A little chilly, but fun none the less.
On to other activities this month..... We had or Morgan monthly dinner for October and I made rice crispy ghosts for treats! I think they turned out cute! The kids loved them!

For Family Home Evening we painted pumpkins. Brady had to turn Isabel's pumpkin for her so she could get to it all! She loves that it is almost as big as her!
You can never have too much paint!

Ben painting his pumpkin!

As we got closer to Halloween, I let the kids make jack-o-lanterns. They thought pulling out the seeds were awesome. They also loved eating the roasted ones!

My 2 cute kiddos. Pulling out seeds. I am glad that we painted them first. Then I didn't have rotting pumpkins on my porch...... Speaking of painting, Ben and I painted these juice bottles to make ghost bowling! We were able to use them for preschool 'g' is for ghost, and again for the cousin party. The Frankenstein ones were for throwing rings at. Sam loves them. He is getting good at throwing a ball to make them fall over!

We had Ari and Zoey over for a play day. They wanted to paint pumpkins, so we went to Kents and got some for a really good deal! They painted for over 40min! I call that a good activity! Notice the cute pumpkin pillow on the back of the couch? Jen saw one like it a Tai Pan for $15 and thought we could make one for way cheaper. We had all the felt on hand, so basically it was free! It is really cute.

Painting pumpkins was Ben's idea!
Who needs a paintbrush...... or a shirt for that matter!
Isabel looking cute painting her pumpkin.....
Zoey LOVED painting with the round brushes. She especially loved the pink sparkles! She is such a cute girl.
Ari painting her pumpkin! We love having her close so she can come play :)
We have the tradition of going on the hay ride at Day Farms in Layton to get our pumpkins. You get a hay ride, pulled by a tractor and your choice of any pumpkin for $5. Isabel always makes sure to get the biggest one out there! Ben always makes sure to get one that he can lift by himself, cause he wants to be able to carry it around :)

We made it earlier this year, so there were lots of big pumpkins to pick from!
Isabel and Brady on the hay ride! Notice Isabel's smile.... 2 fewer teeth on the bottom :)

The token family picture. Ben's smile cracks me up!
Ben can't leave without taking some worms. He loves that they let him take the worms with him.
My attempt at creativity! I was sick of the fake spider webs, so I decided to make one out of yarn. Ben and Isabel love the movie Charlotte's Web, so of course we had to make the web say something. The orange is the web, and the purple is the word.......Really hard to see in this picture, but it says 'spooky'. I made 2 other webs. One has bugs in it, and the other one says 'boo!'. I was very glad that Jen came and helped me out! She did awesome. She made a really cute one on her banister. Have to say that it is fun to have crafty sisters-in-law :)

1 comment:

landofnyedom said...

How fun! You've always got such cute & crafty ideas. :) We're pretty boring & basic at our house. Those ghost bowling bottles look great. Love it all. :) And love the post title. Too true!