Friday, May 6, 2011

All about Isabel!

Isabel is definitely my cutie pie! I had the flower over her pony tail, but she moved it to the top of her head! She loves to put flowers in her hair....right on top! I love it! It makes me smile. This post is going to be all about her. She turned 5 this week. Yep, my baby just turned 5. She is a very head strong little girl. When I was teaching her how to read (since she was 3ish) she would just look at me and say, "Mom, I will read when I am 5!" Same thing with riding her bike with no training wheels. "Mom, I will ride it when I am 5!" Needless to say, 5 was a big birthday for her!
Climbing trees wasn't on her turning 5 to do list, but she managed to do it! All the way to the top. Best part was, she could get down all by herself!
Steve next door was very persuasive/encouraging in getting her to keep climbing to the top!
And yes my friends, she did it. 2 days before her birthday, she started riding with no training wheels. (For her birthday she got a new helmet!) Her first comment was, "Wow, I can go really fast now!" It was hard to keep her off the bike before, let alone now :)
First day with no training wheels. I gave in and bought the kids a balance bike. It was an off-brand, so it was cheap, but it was the only one I could find that was big enough for my kids. What it is, is a bike with no pedals. The kids just have to run-ride it and balance their feet on pegs and coast. 2 days of practice on the balance bike, and Isabel could ride her bike! Hooray! Her teaching herself to balance was much better than me or Brady running behind her (we tried and failed).
We filmed her for grandma to see, but I need to find the cord to hook up my camcorder to the computer so I can get the video on here! Basically it says, "look what I can do grandma!" and she rides down the driveway!
After seeing Tangled, Isabel really wanted a friend birthday party with the theme of Tangled. I will post about the party later, but these are the invitations we came up with. A tower with embroidery floss braids. Isabel got to glue on the white paper with the information on it, and do the flowers. Then she rode her bike to her friends houses to give them each their own invitations.
On her actual birthday, we had TONS to do (other than birthday stuff). But, she did ask me for colored pancakes that they could stack in rainbow patterns, so that it what we did!
Later, in between school, the park, tumbling, soccer, and volleball, we made multi-colored cupcakes. This is what she wanted her Rapunzel tower cake to be made out of, but I couldn't promise that would happen, so I made them on her actual birthday. The kids decorated them!
Here they are enjoying them! Yum-Yum!
We even managed to find time to open presents before the soccer game! The $1 flip-flops got a great reaction!
New books, cause she can read level 1 books now! (Hooray!)
5 tubes of her own Dora lip gloss! They even had their own case!
And a wooden birthday cake with candles and sprinkles. Oh yeah, Brady is in the back with one of her other presents, a kick stand for her bike! Who knew you could buy those separate? I do now! She loved her presents and her dinner of b-b-que chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, rolls and watermelon! She also loved her crown and bag of goodies that she got at school! What a fun day!
Isabel is a really sweet little girl! She loves to help other people. I was busy making dinner, and I wasn't able to push the kids in the swing, so Isabel offered to do it! She thought she was pretty ingenious pushing 1 kid with each hand!
She loves to take care of others. She always wants to hold Sam and play with Nara or Zoey. This picture is of one of her favorite past times. She will go sit in the grandpa swing with Nara or Zoey and swing them. It is so cute! (She also pulls them around the yard in the wagon!) When asked at school what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said ,"a mommy, just like my mommy!" I love my angel and don't know what I would do without her! Happy birthday!!!!

2 comments:

RaNae said...

Can't believe she is FIVE already. Next year, she'll be graduating from high school. Enjoy her now.

The Miller Five said...

Wow they sure grow up fast! Happy Birthday Isabel!