Friday, April 29, 2011

The egg hunt tradition continued...

Happy Easter! Tamina's sister Tera mentioned to me that we should have an egg hunt for Easter, and I thought that we should have it at mom and dad's to continue the yearly egg hunt that they would do when they were home. So, because of food allergies, I decided instead of having the kids make Rice Krispy treat nests, they should make sock bunnies! Luckily I had lots of socks that were missing their match! I think the kids did a pretty good job!
Here are the proud owners of the sock bunnies! (This and an egg find worksheet kept the kids busy while Grant and Chris hid the eggs in the backyard) The kids then lined up and picked teams (Noah wanted them to do this.... they all ended up on the same one) and were off!

As soon as Isabel found tons of eggs, she went right over to the swing and started eating!
Ben didn't make it to a swing! He just sat down and started eating!
This is the best one I got of the Yamashita cousins. (Isabel, Ben & Zoey)
Sarah really wanted to be in a picture. She and Ben love and hate each other. Today was a good day for them! Ben's smile kills me in this one.
Grant held Sam and they chased the kids around the yard. Such fun!
A cute one of Isabel looking for eggs.
Ari posing for her picture :)
Ben running to get as much candy as possible. (They chose gummy bunnies from HOP and krabby patties from Sponge Bob to fill the eggs with)
Zoey eating a gummy bunny. She loved them.
Sarah just wanted Ben to pull her around the yard. He wanted to, so that was a bonus :)
Here is the whole bunch, hopped up on sugar! They all told me they had fun! Thanks everyone for coming! I had fun putting it together. We will have to remember to do it next year too!
(Ari holding Nara, Sarah, Isabel, Zoey, Maylee in front, Noah, Adam holding Sam, & Ben)

1 comment:

RaNae said...

Maylee's the one I couldn't place. Looks like a good time was had by all :D