Sunday, February 20, 2011

Potty Training Attempt #2

Isn't he the cutest little guy? Well, it's a good thing, cause potty training is definitely an adventure with him! He did pretty good with potty training the first time, until he got sick.... then it wasn't worth it to me to run him to the bathroom every few minutes...so we get to try again, hence attempt #2! Normally I wouldn't blog about this, but he cracks me up. He did really good the 1st 2 days, nothing exciting, just went potty in the toilet. The next 3 days were awesome.....(for lack of other words to explain....)
Day 1 -
Me: took of his pull-up and said, "hurry Ben, run and go potty before we put your clothes on for today.
Ben: "otay" as he runs to the bathroom. I hear him peeing, then I hear the toilet flush.
Me: go into the bathroom with a new pull-up and see pee all over the wall and floor opposite of the toilet.... "what happened"
Ben: "uh, I peed on wall."
Me: "we dont do that do we?"
Ben: "no"
Me: handing him a clorox wipe, "now you get to clean it up...and that's not fun is it?"
Ben: "Oh, no"

Day 2 -
Me: took off his pull-up and said, "hurry Ben, run and go potty before we put your clothes on for today!"
Ben: "Otay" as he runs to the potty (or so I think...)
Me: start running cause I hear the front door open and close.....
Ben: "Ha ha, my pee frozen!" (looking at where he peed on the front porch!)
(he made sure to show everyone that came over his pee spot on the front porch, til it finally got warm enough outside to melt)

Day 3 -
We talked (skyped) with Grandma Janene and told her about this... she asked Ben not to pee on her walls or her porch cause it was gross and Ben said ,"otay"
Me: took off his pull-up and said ," Hurry and go potty and get a new pull-up" (I was still in bed, cause it was barely 6am and he came and told me he had peed and needed a new pull-up)...
Ben: runs into the hall
Isabel: "Ben, you are in BIG trouble!!!"
Me: jumped out of bed and ran into the hall.
Ben: "here mommy" holding out a hand of brown stuff
Me: with no contacts in, squinting to see & hoping that it isn't what I think it is....but it was
Ben: "I didn't let it touch the ground. Nama says not to put on wall or floor."
Me: perplexed as I think....I can't believe that it would be easier to squat and catch your poop so it doesn't hit the floor rather than just poop in the toilet. At least it was easy to clean up!

Good thing he is cute, huh?

8 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

LOL! thats funny!

Betsy said...

Oh my gosh GROSS!!! I have to say the skill in being able to grab your own poop, impressive! Make sure he writes that one down on his resume.

RaNae said...

OMG, I think it's time just to let him sit in his pull ups a while longer & try attempt #3.

Nick peed in the shower when we were trying to potty train him.

landofnyedom said...

Yuck! Have fun with that.

Unknown said...

Love it...thanks for making me laugh. Love those moments you can treasure.

Garth said...

Thanks for the laugh!!
Love ya, Janel

Jennifer said...

Oh my! I had heard some of that but I like the play by play. So gross! I don't know what you can do next. I think I can wait until Nara goes through potty training.

Elgan Family said...

Kim, you gave me a good laugh! It's always an adventure, right?! A little time has gone by, so hopefully all of that is behind you and Ben is going to the bathroom in the potty. ;) Crossing my fingers for you!!