Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Nothing better than heart shaped strawberries to celebrate Valentines Day! I had them all cut up in slices for dinner, and Isabel said, "come on mom, it's valentines day, they should be hearts!" I asked her if she was spoiled, and she said, "yes,....what does that mean?" When I told her what it meant, she just smiled :) And yes, I then cut them into hearts for her!I had to work, so I got up a little early and made the kids pink heart shaped pancakes. They had to take them to grandma's to eat them, cause they were too busy eating their Toy Story valentine chocolates and chocolate kissy lips :) They loved the lips. Isabel and Ben got to help Grandma Tracie deliver roses with the cheerleaders, and Isabel got to bring some home. She especially loved the white flowers that went with it. (Sorry the picture is blurry)
Ben loved his chocolate kiss and his puppy dog from Grandma and Grandpa Yamashita.
I decided that heart shaped pizza would be fun for dinner. I even got ambitious and cut a few pieces of ham into heart shapes. The kids loved it, and that's the point isn't it? I just tell myself that these are the things that the kids will remember, so it makes it all worth it :)
Here they are showing off their valentines! They had a fun day. FYI, Isabel even gave away her valentine's at school! I didn't want to do anything cute, just in case she decided to not to give them away, you know, like the Halloween and Christmas cute treats that she and I made for her class and she decided not to give away! She didn't agree with me that it was fun to give out her Valentine's, but she did love getting Valentine's from her class! She did make sure to give one to our neighbor Steve! I think he liked it. She is a funny girl!
It was a fun Valentine's Day. Thanks to everyone who helped make it great! :)

2 comments:

The Miller Five said...

What fun Kim! I almost did the pizza idea, but decided I had enough work planned as it was. I definitely agree that these fun ideas are what the kids are going to remember! All too soon they will be grown and gone!

landofnyedom said...

Funny. We did the heart shaped pizza too. And pink floats with sherbet & sprite. :) Bites you had to work though. If the weather keeps up, we should hit the park soon.