Monday, March 7, 2011

Rub a Dub Dub......

Rub a dub dub, 2 kids cleaning the tub! It was cleaning day on Saturday and I gave the kids the job of cleaning the bathtub in their swimsuits! Isabel couldn't decide which swimsuit to wear, so she picked 2. (Notice the one on her head..) Silly girl.
Ben loved scrubbing and sliding around, and Isabel liked to pour water to rinse the tub. Cute pose, huh!
They cleaned/played for at least an hour, giving me time to clean the rest of the bathroom! Isabel even remembered to thank Heavenly Father in her night time prayers for being able to wear her swimsuit and play in the tub!
When I was at Harmons a while ago, I saw these marshmallows in the clearance cart for $1, and thought we should give them a try! If the kids got all of their chore lists done, they could have a fire and roast marshmallows. Can't beat a good reward!
All I have to say is those things were STICKY! We made them into smores. They were huge! Ben promptly ate the chocolate off of his and threw the rest into the fire. Isabel ate her whole smore. It took about 20min :)
Here they are eating them! Their faces crack me up!
Ben gave up on roasting his marshmallow and just put it on the roasting stick and ate it.
Isabel remembered to thank Heavenly Father for her fire and smores too. We have been working on her prayers lately, and she tries to say 5 things that made her happy during the day. She definitely had 5 things that made her happy! Good quality family fun! Except now Brady has the itch to go camping :)

2 comments:

The Miller Five said...

I bought those same marshmallows a few weeks ago! I love how big they are. We haven't figured out yet what to do with them. Love the kids cleaning the tub. I'll have to convince mine to do the same.

Garth said...

You think I would like cleaning the tub better if I wore my swimsuit?! :-) Love ya, Janel