Monday, January 24, 2011

All tied up

I decided that I should get my crafts for valentines day done before valentines day was here, so here it is. I saw the idea on the blog 'the idea room'. They are 3" felt circles that are folded in 1/4's and pinned to a heart shaped foam wreath. I think it turned out cute. It used about 3/4 yard of felt cut into circles. To make the circles, I dunked a canning jar into paint and stamped the felt. That way I didn't have to free hand the circles. Because the kids have been sick for about 10 days now, I got it done when we would watch movies. The kids really like 'Despicable Me' and 'Toy Story II'. Good choices if I do say so!
So, Isabel either had influenza A (the dr said 85% sure) or RSV this past week. That meant that we got to stay home, without seeing anyone all week. The kids came up with all kinds of stuff to do. Forts, tying each other up, cutting snowflakes, painting with watercolors, reading books (Isabel moved up to the reading group in preschool, she is doing really well, even if she doesn't like to sound stuff out), movies, etc. I think they were sick of seeing only me though. When Tuesday rolled around, Isabel was very excited for tumbling! She had her hair all curly (from being in braids), put on make-up and she was ready to go! Such a cute girl.
Ben discovered that yarn is the best toy ever. He spent the week tying everything up, including himself :) He and Isabel made up a game where they tied up my shoe, then one of them would stand at the top of the stairs and throw the shoe over the banister and the other one would try and catch it. It was a fun game til one got hit with the shoe. Ben LOVES to tie stuff up. I'm not sure about all of the trip wires around the house, but at least they are having fun! I'm glad they are feeling better.

2 comments:

RaNae said...

I'm glad they are feeling better.

The Miller Five said...

Love your wreath! It's been craft week at our house too! Revenge of the colds. Glad your kids are feeling better.