Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gardens and Worms

After we picked veggies from the garden, Isabel insisted that I put pictures of it on the blog, so Grandpa Grant could see what we got from his garden. Ben loves the zucchini! As you can see there are beans, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapenos, purple cabbage, cucumbers and broccoli. We have had a pretty good year.
The kids with the bowl of goodies saying "cheese"!
Isabel's suprise face that there actually was a cabbage that we were going to try and eat! The other one that we thought was good was filled in the middle with bugs..... yuck....
It was Wednesday after tumbling, hence the outfit..... but she wanted to carry the bowl inside so I could see her muscles, plus she is my big helper!

She put it down for a second, and Ben decided it was his turn to try to take it inside.

The verdict.....an empty bowl with stuff all over. He helped me put it all back and just carried the zucchini for me.
Then they decided to run around the yard. I thought these were cute pictures of them having fun.

He has the most contagious smile. I find myself just smiling because he seems to find happiness in whatever he does. (Unless he is throwing a tantrum.....) Now onto the WORMS!

Here they are! My kids love worms. I was weeding tonight and happened to find one. Isabel ran over and asked if she could hold it. Ben came over next. It cracked me up to listen to them.....
Isabel: Ben do you want to hold it? He's cute!
Ben: Yes. Hold worm.
Isabel: Ok, careful, you have to hold it's head....no, not like that.....here let me hold him cause my hands bigger.
Ben: Have big hands...Woah!
Isabel: Do you want to hold him again? He likes to move....wait I think he wants me to hold him.
Luckily by this time I had found another worm so Ben could hold one! It was just a little tiny one and Isabel was a little jealous cause Ben got the baby one.
Isabel's worm she named 'Santa Claus', for no other reason than she wanted to name him that. She sat on the swing and rocked him, put him on the swim pool so he could exercise a little bit, and got him a shovel full of dirt so he could play. What a good worm owner :)

Here is Ben showing me his worm. Yes he is stretching it out. He was just a little guy, and Ben didn't think we could see it in the pictures.

It was time for showers and bed, so I had the kids plant their worms. Here is Ben shoveling his worm into the dirt.
Here is Isabel shoveling her worm back into the dirt. I love pets that entertain kids for hours, yet you don't have to feed, take for walks, play with unless you want to , and can put back in the dirt when you're done! Until the next time worms !

3 comments:

The Miller Five said...

What an awesome garden! I have absolutely no green thumb. I considered getting worms as a pet, but every time Hayden sees a worm or a caterpillar, he screams bloody murder. It's tough on the ears. Your kids sure are cute.

amy morgan said...

"she put him in the pool so he could exercise a bit" . . .
HILARIOUS!! SO, so, SO cute!!

Unknown said...

Love it...So much fun