Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can you believe this kid???

My friend Holly and I took the kids to the Riverdale splash pad last week. The kids had a blast. I posted the pictures in the wrong order, but my computer is slow today, so I am not even going to try and fix it! This was after the kids were done playing. Isabel had them all roll down the hill with her. (At least she said it was her idea!) Looks like fun!

For some reason, Ben and Carter didn't want to get wet at first, so they chased each other up and down that hill....crazy kids :)
Isabel decided that she wanted to do cartwheels in the middle of the water, so here she is, getting ready to do another cartwheel... Got to love tumbling!

Before Ben started chasing Carter up the hill, he found a few new friends hanging in the ropes. He played with them for a long time.
This is when Ben and Carter finally got hot and decided that they needed to cool off. So onto the funny story about Ben. Holly and I were standing on one side of the splash pad and I looked and saw Ben on the other side. He was by the red mushroom looking thing that shoots water out of it. It seems to be his favorite toy there, so if he is ever out of sight, I look for him there first. Well, I look over and there is a 10+ year old 'big' samoan looking kid sitting on top of it. I hear Ben say, 'move'. The other boy stands up and says, 'no you move.' Then Ben gets a mouth full of water and spits it on the kids face. (Lovely I know...) The boy puts his hand on his hip and says, 'hey you dont spit water on me!' Ben being the cute 2 yr old that he is gets another mouth full of water and spits it in the boys face. (I didn't teach him this....) I'm getting a little worried now thinking that my 2yr old is calling on a 10yr old to fight, but I realize that I can't get there before anything would happen so I start to pray that the 10yr old will give up.... Well, the 10yr old puts both hands on his hips and says, 'hey, you don't spit water!' Ben puts a hand on his hips and sakes his finger at the boy and says 'no,no,no,no,no you move!' Luckily for Ben the boy just sat back down on the red mushroom looking thing and ignored Ben. He must have realize that Ben couldn't do a darn thing about him sitting there so he decided to ignore him, thank goodness! Ben gave up and went to play with Carter.... (All of the words that I said I heard are from lip reading... I was on the other side of the park, but a good story even if the words are a little skewed!) I just have to shake my head and realize that I will probably spend lots of time in the principals office when this kid goes to school.... if he makes it there :)

One more cute picture of my angel playing in the water with Caitlyn! Well, maybe not an angel, but definitely not a Ben :)
Oh, update on Ben's finger. He lost the nail and all the puss came out. The culture came back as MRSA (medication resistant staff infection) but I knew that it would. Luckily the dr asked which medicine I would prefer and we put him of sulfa which is one that you can treat MRSA with. To get him to take it I had to bribe him with chocolate chips. At least it worked. He is doing much better now!





3 comments:

RaNae said...

Shaking my head, enjoy it Kim.

Rebecca said...

ha! Love the story. Ben apparently fears nothing.

landofnyedom said...

That was hilarious! Glad we've been able to hang out this summer! :)