Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Spring!

I've love having the kids make things for the grandma's for each new season. I saw this idea awhile ago, to make a wreath out of egg cartons.  I was actually surprised that I didn't end up with more brown/gray flowers cause the kids like to use lots of paints.... and mix them.... Grandma Tracie has it hanging on the front door now!  The kids are very proud of their masterpiece!
I had extra candy melts, and decided to try and make chicks for an easy Easter treat.  I just filled in pretzels with yellow candy melts and made the faces out of brown and orange candy melts!  The kids loved them.  Almost too cute to eat! 

Ok, I am lacking patience to figure out how to turn these pictures the right way.... so we'll just have to look at them sideways.....  Here is great grandma's door for Easter.  The 3 chicks represent Ben (sunglasses) Isabel with the red bow and Zoey inside the basket.  At first Great grandma kept trying to figure out why the rabbit was bleeding (pink stomach), now she has resorted to thinking he is Peter Rabbit.  I'm glad she loves the doors and glad it gives her something to think about.

Ben's party was on Saturday, and since Easter was on Sunday, we decided that after the birthday party we would have a cousin easter egg hunt.  Here are Parker, Ben, Isabel and Adrienne all waiting patiently for the egg hunt to start...... 
Here is Isabel climbing the tree while she was waiting!
                                     

I didn't have to go to the ER this year, so we all got to decorate eggs as a family!  
My camera is broken :(  So, the next pictures were taken on different settings to see if we could still get it to work..... not too much luck.  I have some silly kiddos for sure!

Isabel's smile cracks me up in these ones!

Yep, still haven't cleaned up from the party the day before.  Coloring eggs was more important. :)

Brady colored one that almost turned black,  It was pretty cool looking.

They love coloring eggs, just like their dad!

The bunny holders worked really well.  We only had a few casualties.

Happy Easter and Spring everyone!


No comments: