Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reindeer at Weber State

I set up my Christmas advent quilt this year and in each of the pockets I had an activity for the kids to do. We loved going to see the Reindeer at Weber State last year, so that was one of our activities this year. Here are the Ben, Zoey, and Isabel. Not too bad for a picture together...
This was 2 seconds later. All I have to say is they know how to push each others buttons already :) Just like I could do with my brothers!
Here is Isabel and Ben (pretending to be a reindeer) with Snowflake, one of Santa's reindeer.Here is Zoey chatting with Snowflake. I thought this picture turned out so cute.... my kids wouldn't talk to the reindeer..... Ben only wanted to act like one :)Here he is pretending to be a reindeer again. If the reindeer looked like he does here, I think kids all over the world might have nightmares about Santa's reindeer.....After we saw the reindeer, we went upstairs to do the craft (a picture frame) then I let the kids run around for a little bit. They LOVE the hills up at Weber.

Here is Isabel pretending to be a reindeer.... She makes a cute reindeer I think :)
Here's Zoey being a reindeer..... her antlers almost made it to the top of her head.....
And Ben finally made an almost normal face to be a reindeer in this picture.

Ben only stayed in that position for a second, then he was off to collect some sticks....... why you ask???So he could make himself real reindeer antlers! Very clever little boy.....And Isabel liked the idea :) On a side note, I didn't get a picture, but she got sticks and hooked them to the front of her bike, so her bike had antlers sticking out the sides of the handlebars. She did this cause she wanted a reindeer bike to ride! Clever kids......
And he's off and running, again........ like always........Then we made it up to see Santa. They got to put paper towels in Santa's sleigh and then they got a candy cane! Isabel told him she wanted a candy cane (just like last year) and a snow globe. Ben wanted nothing to do with Santa. I was actually impressed I got a picture with them all looking and smiling.... miracle!Looks like a forced smile to me, and Isabel's not looking.... the other group picture is better....Isabel has no problem with Santa. She even got to see him at school!!!! She was so excited! This is a fun tradition we will have to keep up :) They didn't give reindeer food this year, and Isabel was very worried, so I told her I had a recipe, and went home and made some for them, so the reindeer would know where to land!

No comments: