Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer

This summer has been awesome so far. The kids love being outside so we spend lots of time doing just that. Since it is so hot, we like to spend time in a pool, at a splash park, or at the Aquatic Center in Roy. We went to the Aquatic Center last week with Krystle, Kandi, Zoey, and Grandma Tracie. Isabel really wanted to go down the big waterslide with Krystle, in fact she talked about it constantly, but then when we got there her nerves got the best of her and she only went down once. Ben was excited for swimming until he saw how big the pool was. Isabel and I took him to the little pool with the frog slide and we couldn't get him or Isabel out of the water the rest of the afternoon!


We also spend tons of time in the pools in our backyard. The kids love to slide into the pool so that is why we set up the little one. The bigger pool is fun cause Isabel can practice her floating and they can play basketball. I like it cause it's not a huge pool so I don't have to worry as much about them drowning. (I know, kids can drown in 1" of water.....) They can touch the bottom and stand up so I don't worry as much! Isabel informed me yesterday that she was not dark, she was 'tan'. :)

This is Ben saying cheese at the bottom of the slide. He likes to just jump and land bum first into the water. He tells you it doesn't hurt, but there is no way that it doesn't!


I am so glad that my kids take care of each other. This has to be one of my favorite pictures of my kids. I had to work on Monday, and seeing that the kids were both asleep and grandma was listening for them, I went to work without waking them up. This is the first time that Ben has woken up and had me not there..... Mom heard Isabel talking downstairs, so she assumed Ben was awake and went down to get them. This is what she saw and heard.
Isabel: Ben, mommy is at work
Ben: Daddy at work too?
Isabel: yes daddy is at work
Ben: Oh no a-bel...wat we gonna do now? (then he laid his head down on Isabel's shoulder and sobbed)
They then walked up the stairs arm in arm with Isabel patting his back. Ben then had to find grandpa and tell him that mom and dad were at work and grandpa said,"well that means that you get to play with grandma and grandpa today." Ben said 'o-tay' and went to ride his trike.
Makes me feel like a bad mom to abandon my children like that! At least I know that he looks to his sister for help. He forgave me, and then made me pay for it later that night. I had to hold him from 12-2am and anytime I tried to move he would grab me and not let go. Guess I might wake him up before I leave for work from now on! :) Got to love kids!





4 comments:

landofnyedom said...

How cute! :)

Nick and Kandi said...

I love that adorable story. How sweet of them to take care of each other!

RaNae said...

Might be a good idea to wake him up. We all get the guilt trips at one point or another.

Love the pics

Jennifer said...

The dialogue is so sad but so sweet. Your kids are great, for each other and for us.