Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ben swim lessons

Ben has been super excited to learn to swim! We got him signed up for the
4yr old class at the aquatic center with his friend Addison and Cole. I figured
that if his friends were there, he would be much braver.... and he was!

All of the shivering little boys. They are so cute! Their teacher, MichaelAnn was great with them.

Ben's favorite part of lessons was jumping in!
I was most concerned for him getting his ears wet. He hasn't had a chance to swim without me and without tubes in, so my main hope was that he would be able to see that it wouldn't hurt to get water in his ears. It took a few lessons, but he was so brave and would dunk his head! He got brave enough to jump in without help! Last day of swim lessons was fun cause they got to wear life vests and float around the pool! Ben held on tight (death grip) to Addison, but he did it and loved it! One more time with lessons and I think he might turn into a fish!

2 comments:

landofnyedom said...

How fun! I remember taking Carter to swim lessons...over and over...but he loves the water now! :)

The Miller Five said...

So there is hope for Hayden? We did swim lessons last summer and he hated them! I am on the fence as to whether to sign him up again or not. Glad Ben had fun!