Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Tamina saw the cutest idea for Father's Day. We both decided to do it! We made a "riesen" jar with reasons that the kids love their dad! Brady loves riesen candies, so this was a perfect idea! I typed up 15 reasons from each kid, printed them off on different colored paper (so he would know who said what) cut them out and had the kids fold them and put them inside the candy wrapper. They loved decorating the jar for dad! Lots of jewels, just like he likes it ;)
Here is the close-up. Some of their reasons were so cute, I've decided to post them here :)
Isabel's List: (5yrs old)
1. He gives me big hugs, as big as the house!
2. He gives great kisses
3. He teaches me to play soccer, and now
I learned how!
4. He roasts fires with me
5. He taught me to ride my bike
6. He goes on bike rides with me! Long ones!
7. He makes the best white eggs ever!
8. He helps me read
9. He plays every kind of game with me
10. He colors with me at church
11. He lets me help him clean his truck
12. He plays with me
13. He pumps up the tire on my bike
14. He is so smart he can fix anything!
15. He helps me plant my garden!
16. He carries me when I'm tired
17. He lets me walk on his back!

Ben's List (3yrs old)
1. He plays catch the ball with me!
2. I like to fix things like daddy does!
3. He reads to me, I don't know what
4. He plays basketball and I watch
5. He drives the 4 wheeler and gets snow off the ground!
6. He tickles me!
7. He drives a truck with a trailer on it
8. He goes on long bike rides with me, mommy and Isabel
9. He takes me on his motorcycle with a helmet on
10. He do a fire and let me help
11. He lets me get on the trailer
12. He says "excuse you pig Mommy!"
13. He picks me up from class at church
14. He showed me sprinklers turn on all by themselves!!!
15. He rides my yellow bike with NO training wheels on it!
16. Just because I love him.

The kids wanted to make him something else special too. They picked lawn mower cupcakes. Chocolate ones. I let them pick out what candy would work good. They picked black licorice handles, red vine tires, because they have grooves like daddy's tires, sour worms, and a hershey nugget. We tried green coconut for the grass, but Ben wanted sprinkles, so we did both.

I let them make 5 lawnmowers, then they had to pick their very special one for daddy. Here are Isabel's cupcakes (below). Brady ate one of hers. (He didn't trust Ben's.....for very good reasons)
Isabel had worms hidden in the dirt with the lawnmower running over them. That was the one she picked for daddy.
Ben made one the way I showed him, then he realized that there was no seat for dad to sit on (Brady has a riding lawn mower), so he made his own versions. All with a lot of chocolate and candy on them. Then he started burying the candy bars with frosting..... this was when he realized he would get to eat some :) The above picture is the one with he was making with the seat.
Notice some of the candy is missing...... Ben is a candy thief :)
They had fun making very special treats for dad! They even gave him huge hugs and kisses. Isabel decided that she would just stare at Brady when the primary sang, instead of singing to him.... it was funny, but I wont tell her that :)
Happy Fathers day Brady! Thanks for being a great husband and father! We love you for many Reisens! :) (Happy Father's day to my dad and grandpa Steve! We love you too!)

3 comments:

The Miller Five said...

What a cute idea! I might have to do that for Jake for his birthday. Great cupcakes too!

landofnyedom said...

Cute, as always. :)

Betsy said...

way cute idea!!!