Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tangled Birthday!

Here are all the party details! I know I already posted these invitations, but I wanted all the Tangled stuff in one spot. :)Isabel invited 8 girls to her party. This picture was taken at the end of the party, but I wanted it at the beginning of the post so you could see all the cute girls who came! From left to right, there is Ari, Allie, Isabel, Sarah, Zoey, Emma, Shiloh, and Emily. Only one of her friends she invited couldn't come. They made princess crowns with lots of jewels and glue and if you look close, you can see frying pan necklaces on some of them. The Rapunzel braid was originally hanging on the front door, but letting the girls hold it made for a cute picture! Aren't the girls beautiful!
Here is the line-up of the food that was made. Pascal (Rapunzel's chameleon friend) cupcakes, blue jello with orange slice boats, and of course the cake. It was chocolate cake with a rice crispy/white chocolate tower. The hair lining the cake is twizzlers. There is a close-up picture later :)
These are the Pascal cupcakes. I think they turned out cute!
A close-up of the jello boats. (These were Ben's favorite!) The girls seemed to like them too.
Here is what I did for decorations. In the movie when Rapunzel gets into town, there are banners across the city that look like the ones below, so I got some felt and made Isabel some! The ones across the ceiling say 'Happy Birthday' and the ones on the fireplace say 'Isabel.' I tied purple and yellow balloons everywhere too. We had a Tangled table cloth, plates and cups too.
Isabel loved the banner with her name on it so much, that it is hanging over her bed in her room. I'm glad she liked it :)
When the girls got there, I had a coloring page for them to do. Rapunzel was missing her hair, and they had to draw it. I didn't get a picture, but they made Pascal party blowers too. The blower looked like Pascals tongue! Then I had purple jewels and the girls took turns hiding them and finding them. They got to pick out flower jewels to put
into their frying pan necklaces, and then they got to decorate their own princess crowns! I thought this might be fun, seeing as Isabel loves anything sparkly and glue :) Lots of both were used! Then they danced with balloons to the Tangled soundtrack and played ring around the rosie!



Then it was present time! Isabel loved being the center of attention! All the girls took turns bringing Isabel the present they got her.

Ari made sure to get her a Tangled Barbie, so that she and Isabel could be twins. (Ari had one already). Isabel loves it and takes it everywhere. She is even having me teach her how to braid! That's an adventure! Thanks Ari!

Zoey got her a Tangled brush that sings! She loves it! Thanks Zoey!
Allie got her coloring books (one of her favorite activities!) and some outdoor toys! Awesome! Thanks Allie!
Shiloh got her a cool badmiton set! These are definitely Ben's favorite :) Anything he can hit with is great! Isabel loves them too! Thanks Shiloh!
Emily got her a cute Belle doll and blanket! Isabel said that the blanket is the best, even better than Ben's favorite car blanket, because it is soft and stretchy! Thanks Emily!
And Emma got her a Hello Kitty scrapbook kit! It took Isabel 3 days and 4 glue sticks and a lot of jewels to put her book together, but she did it! She is definitely a fan of her cool cutting scissors! Thanks Emma!
Then it was time for cake! I got lucky and found a #5 candle (I couldn't find any other candles....) I think that it turned out cute! And Isabel said it was just what she wanted! Chocolate cake with green marshmallow fondant. I used rice crispies, white chocolate melts, and marshmallows to make the tower. The top is an ice cream sugar cone covered in purple candy melts. The flowers on the cake are made of fondant and the hair lining the cake is yellow twizzler candy.
Even though there was only one candle.... it took 2 tries to blow it out! Luckily everything tasted good! Never know how things will taste with no eggs or milk in them! :)
Then the girls headed out to the sandbox out back to play! Isabel said that it was lots of fun and that her favorite part of the party was ALL of it! We made the girls a take home bag with a tangled coloring page, flower suckers, a purple bead necklace and a ring and anything else they made they could put it there!
A special thanks to my sister in law Kandi for all of her help! I forget how long it takes to do cute stuff sometimes! Thanks again Kandi, I couldn't have done it all without you! And thanks to all the girls that came to help Isabel celebrate! She loved every minute of it! Happy Birthday my angel!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

So cute!! You did a great job!

The Miller Five said...

Great job Kim! That party is adorable. LOVE the details.

landofnyedom said...

Fun party! Great job on the cake.

Alicia said...

Great job on the invitations, they are amazing! My daughter would also like to have a Tangled themed party this year. I was wondering if you had a template for the tower you could share? Thanks!

kim said...

Alicia, I have a spare invitation that you could trace :) I just free handed it......

Anonymous said...

fficLoved the cake! I was wondering if you could share the recipe? Especially how you made the tower look like a tower?